Why choose EPDM?
- 100% Accessible
- Customize your play area with patterns, designs, and/or logos
- Post-consumer recycled materials
- Fun, brightly colored, bouncy, and safe surfacing that all users enjoy
- 50% black mixed with 50% color is less expensive; it hides dirt and fading.
- Pinks and Reds should only be used indoors due to color fading.
- Solid colors and 100% color mixtures are available.
- Measure the site to confirm estimated square footage.
- Slope of the grade should be 2%.
- Address any drainage issues.
- ½” EPDM Cap can be installed on concrete or asphalt.
- Temperature needs to be above 45° F.
- Surfacing cannot be installed when there is rain, dew, or standing water.
- Plan for all users to stay away from the area.
- Designate an area for staging and material storage.
- Once installed, no one should walk on the surfacing for 48-72 hours.
- There will be a slight ambering affect from the binder which will fade in a couple of months.
- Check regularly for wear and drainage concerns.
- Reseal with Roll Coat every 6 – 12 months based on traffic.
- Life expectancy is 8-12 years depending on use.